In collaboration with the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University and The National Theatre of Great Britain, we are the first theatre in the United States to offer Smart Caption Glasses (SCG) to our audience.
What you should know...
- This revolutionary technology displays a synchronized transcript of the play’s dialogue and sound directly onto the lenses.
- SCG benefit the Deaf and hearing loss communities, as well as English-language learners.
- People’s Light ran a two-week pilot of the glasses during the run of Colman Domingo’s Dot in October of 2019.
- In our test group, our patrons reported feeling “empowered” and happy to be in on the jokes.
- We will continue to offer open caption performances, relaxed performances, and ASL interpretation!
We are currently taking reservations for select performances in our season. Additional productions will be added to this list as we get closer:
The Children - all performances beginning January 22, 7:30pm
Shakespeare in Love - all performances beginning March 7, 2pm
Hold These Truths - all performances beginning April 1, 2pm