These live theatre experiences invite and encourage individuals with autism, ADD, ADHD, dementia and sensory sensitivities to enjoy the performance in our “shush-free” zone.
For each Relaxed Performance, we also offer a pre-show Sensory Tour, during which patrons are able to enter the theatre space, view the set and props, and ask questions.
2021-2022 Relaxed Performances:
2022-2023 Relaxed Performances:
- Mushroom October 9, 2pm
- Alice in Wonderland: A Musical Panto December 11, 2pm
- Thurgood March 12, 2pm
- Spring/Summer Production #1 May 12, 7:30pm
- Spring/Summer Production #2 July 7, 7:30pm
- Spring/Summer Production #3 August 18, 7:30pm
Performance adjustments include:
- House lights will remain on at a low level in the theatre during the performance
- Lower sound levels, especially for startling or loud sounds
- A reduction of startling and/or strobe lighting
- Freedom to talk, vocalize, and leave seats during the performance as needed
- Space available throughout the theatre for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors through the theatre lobby during the day and time of the performance
We invite you to bring noise-cancelling headphones, fidget/handheld manipulatives and stress sensory toys, and anything else you may need to ensure maximum comfort and safety.
If you would like to recommend a specific accommodation at People’s Light, please notify us at 610. 644.3500 or email Leigh Jackson, Director of Hospitality & Accessibility, at email@example.com.
Resources available before and during the performance:
- A quiet area will be provided in the theatre lobby to relax as needed
- Fidget and handheld manipulatives will be available to borrow
- People's Light staff, who have been trained to be inviting and accommodating to individuals' needs, will be available throughout the theatre and the lobby
- Disposable ear plugs
- Pre-show preparation materials will be available online as the performance date approaches to help prepare all attendees for the experience of visiting People's Light and attending these performances