Audio Devices & T-Coil Loops
Patrons can borrow the following equipment for free at People’s Light:
- Audio headsets: Headsets and battery packs with volume control that amplify the performance.
- T-Coil “induction” loops: Worn around the neck, these devices transmit sound directly from our speaker system into hearing aids and cochlear implants that have a “T” (for telecoil) setting.
We provide these devices for all performances on a first come, first served basis, no reservations required. Please pick them up at the Will Call Desk.
Sensory Supports: Fidgets, noise-canceling headphones, and more
Patrons can borrow a variety of sensory supports for free at People’s Light. We provide these supports for all performances on a first come, first served basis, no reservations required. Please pick them up from the House Manager in the theatre lobbies.
American Sign Language (ASL)
ASL interpreters sit next to the stage and translate the show in real time for patrons who speak ASL. Please contact our Box Office for the schedule of ASL-translated performances.
American Sign Language interpreted performances for the 2018-19 Season include:
Audio Description & Sensory Tour
Audio Description headsets provide commentary on the visual aspects of a performance (the set, costumes, and lighting effects, as well as the physical actions and body language of the actors) for our patrons with visual impairments. This supplemental narration interweaves with the real-time, spoken dialogue, so patrons won’t miss a moment of the performance. In conjunction with this service, the sensory tour offers the opportunity to experience up close and feel certain key props and costume pieces before the performance begins. (Typically 45 min before curtain - inquire with the Box Office at 610.644.3500 for details.)
Audio Described performances for the 2018-19 Season include:
- Such Things as Vampires - October 20 at 2pm
- Cinderella: A Musical Panto - January 5 at 2pm
- Endgame - June 1 at 2pm
- Our Town - August 23 at 7:30pm (also a Relaxed Performance), August 24 at 2pm
Large Print Programs
We provide large print programs free for all performances. Please stop by the Will Call Desk to borrow one, and please return it after the performance for other patrons to use.