CREATE EXCELLENT THEATRE AND INITIATIVES FOR YOUTH
Develop a pipeline of theatre development in tandem with guest, patron and student engagement to expand our repertoire, our pool of artists, and our community connections. Promote a learning culture for our audiences, students, artists, staff, and supporters centered on art-making.
- Create new music theatre productions that will have a life beyond People’s Light
- Offer theatre experiences to which adults can bring their children
- Expand New Play Frontiers, our community-specific initiative, to create new work for local and national audiences
- Pioneer programs for vulnerable youth that explore the intersection of art and civic engagement, and connect to the plays we produce
DEVELOP NEW PATRONS AND RETAIN CURRENT PATRONS
Remove barriers that prevent people from visiting us. Represent a wider variety of cultures on our stages. Offer more price options. Engage more fully in community life so people know us before they visit. Foster stronger personal connections with patrons. Make hospitality our trademark.
- Gain greater command of technology: design a new website, expand our use of arts management software and social platforms
- Employ market research and data analysis to learn about our patrons and how best to communicate with them
- Enlist a marketing firm to help tell our story more effectively
- Provide supplemental programs around our productions that contextualize, enrich, and extend the People’s Light experience
RECRUIT AND SUSTAIN THE BEST PEOPLE
Strengthen our infrastructure and grow leaders from within. Attract and retain the best talent. Prioritize equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization.
- Increase compensation
- Provide professional development and training for staff and artists
- Host master artists and thinkers from a variety of fields to inspire new ways to think and work
ENHANCE OUR CAMPUS
Create a safe, accessible, and vibrant environment that invites exploration, participation, and reflection. Make our performance spaces more flexible and attractive. Invest in more sophisticated lighting, sound, and video technology.
- Expand the Farmhouse facility to host larger and more varied events
- Redesign our property entrance to extend a warmer welcome
- Upgrade our public spaces and parking lots
- Establish gardens throughout the campus
- Remodel the Steinbright stage
- Renovate artist housing and offices