The Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC), a program offered by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), allows eligible businesses to receive significant tax credits when they contribute to state-qualified educational programming at People’s Light.
The tax credit equals 75% of the charitable contribution, but can go as high as 90% if a business commits to the same contribution for two consecutive years, up to a maximum of $300,000 per taxable year.
Is your Business Eligible? Your business may be eligible if it pays any of the following Pennsylvania taxes:
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institutions Tax
Approved programs within Arts Discovery at People’s Light include:
- Arts Discovery High School
- Artist-in-Residency Project
- Teacher & Curriculum Project
- New Voices Program
- Theatre School and SummerBlast K-12
To apply and to review the EITC Guidelines, visit EITC Business Guidelines and Application.
For more information, please contact:
Dawn Elyse Warden
Director of Corporate Relations & Special Events
610.647.1900, Ext. 103