Dancer/choreographer and Teaching Artist Daniella Brown will welcome our youngest students to a socially-distanced outdoor movement exploration on each of our "Saturday Dance Days"; we ask that parents and children participate together for safety and fun. A minimum of one adult plus one child, and a maximum of 5 per party, will have their own ground cloth marking out a private "dance zone" on the People's Light lawn. Each session will include group stretching and warm-up, guided movement activities, and a sample dance in a different style each week.
**Please read our note about Health & Safety protocols at the bottom of this page before you sign up.**
Teaching Artist: Daniella Brown
Location: The Green (located between our two buildings)
$20 per session (price is for your entire group of up to 5)
Sign up for a session or two, or purchase the whole series and get one session free! (Total cost $80)
October 3: Afro Jazz
October 10: Therapeutic Dance
“Therapeutic dance allows me to explore the connection between my mind and my body. Dance brings healing and understanding.”
October 17: Hip-Hop
October 24: Modern
October 31: Halloween Special!
Use the links above to choose one or multiple sessions at the $20/day price. If registering for the whole series, the discount will be applied after all five have been added to your cart.
A note about health and safety:
Dance Days are intended for families or small adult/child groups within the same “social bubble”. Participation is extremely limited; only eight reservations are available per session and social distancing will be enforced. We have protocols in place for disinfecting spaces, surfaces, and equipment used by guests, artists, and staff. Our Teaching Artist and staff members maintain a 6-foot distance from each other and our guests during Dance Days. We are working in partnership with East Whiteland Township and following current PA regulations for outdoor events. As we continue to monitor confirmed COVID-19 cases in the area, we are constantly evaluating the safety of our on-campus programming and will cancel events if necessary.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- While we encourage families who might normally enroll in our Saturday Theatre School for ages 5-7 to participate in Dance Days, please note that this is NOT a drop-off class for children, but a family offering which requires at least one adult present along with the child(ren) participating. This offering was developed with our 5 to 7-year-old students in mind, but younger or older siblings are also welcome. The adult member(s) of the party must supervise all children in your group.
- Your family will purchase a “dance circle,” a designated area on the lawn. Each reservation is $20 and applies to one group of up to 5 people, regardless of number of child and adult attendees. So that we may gather safely and responsibly, availability is limited and spread out throughout the lawn.
- You are welcome to bring lawn chairs if anyone in your party is uncomfortable sitting on our ground cover. If someone in your party needs accessible seating, please indicate this in your registration.
- You will receive an emailed receipt. If you are unable to attend, you can exchange into another Dance Days date for a $5 fee, up to 24 hours in advance of your scheduled session.
- In the event of a weather cancellation, we will contact you around 9am on the day of your session and schedule a rain date. Need to get in touch? Contact ArtsDiscovery@peopleslight.org or leave a voicemail at 610.647.1900 x137.
- Dance Days will take place on the green between the Leonard C. Haas and Steinbright stages, located to your right directly behind the first building on campus. Free accessible parking is available very close to the event location. An accessible portable restroom is located in the parking lot.
- Face masks are required on our campus. You may only remove them while inside your dance circle.
- You may wish to bring a blanket, as you will be sitting on the ground when not dancing. Sunscreen and hats are recommended. Umbrellas are not permitted, as they obstruct the view for others.