People’s Light (LORT D) in Malvern, PA is seeking non-union video submissions for Understudy/Swing positions for A CHRISTMAS CAROL, Music and Lyrics by Zak Berkman, Directed by David Bradley
Rehearsals shall begin on Friday, October 15, 2021. Opening is Wednesday, November 23, 2021 and Closing is Sunday, January 2, 2022. Rehearsals will be Tuesday through Saturday. The day off during performance will be Monday.
The Swings will receive $500/wk. In the event that a Swing performs a role during the run of the production, they receive $25/per performance. Swings are given as much advance notice as possible in the event they need to go on for a role. Swings will cover many roles. EMC points are available.
Swings are expected to:
- Be available and present for all rehearsals and performances for which they are called for the length of the rehearsal process.
- Learn all music, text, and movement for assigned roles.
- Attend preview performances and opening night.
- Participate in a “put-in” rehearsal.
- Attend at least two performances per month during the run.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 VACCINATION
Inclusive Casting: People's Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics. All performers, including Actors of color, Actors over 60, women, and performers with disabilities, are encouraged to audition and will be given full consideration.
We welcome performers of all gender identities, abilities/exceptionalities, and body types. In addition to genders listed in character breakdowns, we are ACTIVELY SEEKING TRANS AND NON-BINARY PERFORMERS for all roles.