Contact Person: Leigh Jackson
Department: Patron Experience
Do you love details? Do you love people? People’s Light is seeking an enthusiastic, preferably bilingual, full-time Ticketing Operations Coordinator to support our Box Office, Marketing and IT departments. This is a perfect position for someone with a management background, strong computer skills, and great attention to detail who wishes to fulfill an arts passion at a locally recognized theater. People’s Light is known for accessibility, education, community investment and new works. Hours include nights and weekends. The ideal candidate is fluent in the Tessitura arts data management system and communicates well in both English and Spanish. Training is paid.
The Ticketing Operations Coordinator is responsible for completing all patron interactions with enthusiasm, expertise, and efficiency. This position will work as part of an integrated team, and cross departmentally, to promote our values and mission, including our commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. In this position, you will train and manage approximately 10 box office and cross-trained Patron Experience representatives. You will also work with the Director of IT and Data Insight to maintain high standards of ticketing procedures and database hygiene.
- Resolution of ticketing inquiries and patron concerns
- Maintaining data hygiene of patron records
- Maintaining quality of Box Office ticketing standards
- Managing Dynamic Pricing and other changes to performances in Tessitura database
- Managing and maintaining smooth operations of an office environment, including incoming and outgoing mail, receiving deliveries, ordering office supplies, handling invoices, submitting ticket sales reports
- Training new hires in ticketing procedures and policy
- Coaching staff through challenging procedures or interactions
- Providing input in hiring decisions and staff evaluations
- Participating in meetings, as necessary
- Leveraging understanding of Tessitura database to manage current and new ticketing and policy initiatives
- Skill with Tessitura data management or another arts management database system
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- Superior customer service skills
- A passion for working with a diverse public
- Comfort handling a high volume of telephone calls and in-person customer interactions
- Proper handling of confidential and proprietary information
- Experience training team members with diverse skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Proven success in previous supervisory/management roles
- Proven experience collaborating on teams to meet goals
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
This job requires night and weekend availability. Candidates must have reliable transportation to and from our theatre. This position will have approximately 10 direct, part-time reports.
We request a cover letter, resume, and three references. If you have any questions, reach out to Leigh Jackson, Director of Patron Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls and in-person are welcome.
About People's Light
People’s Light, a cultural and civic center with theatre at its core, invites and creates opportunities for diverse communities to discover and celebrate our shared humanity.
People’s Light is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.