PLEASE SUBMIT MATERIALS HERE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE POSITION
People’s Light seeks an experienced Special Events Manager to work with volunteer committees and lead fundraising events including a golf tournament, auction/gala, and other special events. This is a part time position, 25-29 hours per week.
3-5 years of experience specifically in non-profit fundraising event management or fundraising background plus transferrable skills in project management, college degree preferred but not required, affinity for the performing arts, excellent communications and teamwork approach.
- Responsible for Special Event line of budget (approximately $200,000), managing expenses and income to result in budgeted net proceeds
- Leads and implements 2+ major fundraising events - auction and golf tournament --working with volunteer committee, Farmhouse catering (People’s Light subsidiary), and Golf clubs; this includes coordination of theme, communications, auction item acquisition, and event structure and logistics
- Creates and implements corporate-related events in collaboration with Director of Development and Major Gifts Officer
- Manages donor benefit and cultivation events such as Spotlight Society, Virtual salons, and others.
- Reports to Director of Development; participates as member of Development team which also includes Development Manager, Major Gifts Officer, Development Operations Coordinator and Development Assistant
- Participates in cross-department work, helping with organization-wide events
- Advances the organization’s EDI and antiracism efforts
- Experience with databases and online event platforms would be useful but not required
- Position will require some evening and weekend work as part of the weekly hours
- There is flexibility with regard to in-office and remote work, both during COVID restrictions and afterwards.
Compensation and Application Information
This is a continuous part time position, with paid personal time off available after the first 6 months of employment. People’s Light values a desire for career growth and aims to provide opportunities for advancement.
Salary range: $25,000 - $29,000.
Application deadline: Apply here by December 15, 2021.
Ideal start date: January 3, 2021.