CONTACT PERSON/IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
Chaz Brastow, Director of Production
Training/introductory shift 4th week in June
COMPENSATION: Hourly, $15 per hour, max 29 hours per week
HOURS: June 25th 2-9pm, July 9 2-9pm, July 24, 25, 25, & Aug. 1 10am-9pm, Aug. 13 & 27 2-9pm, Aug. 14 & 28 10am-4pm, Sept. 10 & 24 2-9pm, Sept. 11 & 25 10am-4pm
As all events are outdoors. There is the possibility events will have to be moved to rain dates; these will generally be on Sundays following scheduled dates, but there is some fluctuation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Sound Support Technician provides assistance to the Sound Engineer at People’s Light for outdoor Car Concerts. This new member of our team will gain experience with and knowledge of audio equipment, protocol, and method. The ideal candidate is an attentive learner, though some knowledge is helpful, interest is most desired. The Support Technician will mostly interact with the Sound Engineer, but will also need to work with the sound equipment crew, lighting crew, and band members on occasion. The ideal candidate also thrives with timelines; each event is tightly timed and learning and reacting quickly and efficiently is important to the team and the performance as a whole. This is primarily a support role, not an independent or lead position, suited for an entry level professional who is ready to learn on the job. This is for a temporary position. There is the potential for additional Overhire work in the future.
The SOUND SUPPORT TECHNICIAN will:
- Liaise with the Sound Engineer on all needs for the specific show
- Take direction well and develop confidence with equipment
- Be able to lift needed sound equipment and cabling
- Express the needs of the Audio Engineer to the Sound Equipment Crew and visa versa as needed
- Be and efficient and pro-active member of the team
- Additional tasks as appropriate to the needs of each show
- Able to lift and move about 50lbs
- Able to work outdoors for an 8 hour shift (water, shade, and breaks provided)
- Able to work on a ladder (occasionally)
- Able to work independently, proactively, and with a positive attitude
- Interest and enthusiasm for working on live shows
- Strong communication and listening skills
- A commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Knowledge of basic power and audio cabling
- Experience as a stage technician a plus
- Knowledge of running a sound board is a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Please submit a cover letter describing both your interest in theatre and/or technical production overall and in this position at People’s Light specifically, a resume, and 2-3 professional references to Chaz Brastow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is May 31, 2021 (or until filled.)