EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you love theatre and want a behind-the-scenes experience, come join us! Nationally renowned, local theatre seeks adaptable, energetic, organized people to work Front of House for our upcoming production of A Christmas Carol. We offer flexible schedules and countless opportunities to learn about theatre. Front of House staff members report to the Front of House Manager and Director of Hospitality and Accessibility. We are particularly interested in culturally sensitive candidates who can work respectfully with our patrons. Successful candidates will need to be willing to learn, work with people of all backgrounds, and think on their feet. Prior theatre or customer service experience is not required, nor is a degree. Our staff has included retirees, high-school students, and college students. Spanish language skills are a plus, as is your own transportation. We are located one mile from the Malvern stop on the Paoli/Thorndale regional rail line.
This is a part-time, non-exempt seasonal position that will not exceed 29 hours per week. The span of dates for this position is November 18, 2021, through January 2, 2022. Compensation is $12/hr.
RESPONSIBILITIES CAN INCLUDE:
- Setting up for events, stocking concessions, including lifting flats of bottles and soda
- Welcoming patrons and answering patron questions knowledgeably about productions, other People’s Light programs, and navigating the campus
- Supporting special events, like our Relaxed Performances
- Managing the house, including ushering patrons into the theatre, seating late-arriving patrons, maintaining theatre protocols, keeping all public spaces clean
- Helping patrons with Smart Caption glasses and other assistive devices
- Keeping track of concessions stock
- Learning, including de-escalation techniques, bystander intervention, and RAMP
- Handling emergencies and last-minute situations with grace and authority
HOW TO APPLY
Use the link above to submit your application. Please provide a cover letter and/or resume, as well as 1-2 professional or personal references. We encourage you to include all volunteer and informal experiences that you think might help you succeed in this position.