Contact Person: Camille O’Connor
Job Department: Patron Experience
Job Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time
The Patron Experience Department at People’s Light is seeking an enthusiastic part-time Front of House Representative to support the Front of House in the following positions:
Assistant Front of House Manager
Hours are primarily nights and weekends and highly flexible. Training is paid. This is a perfect position for someone with an arts passion looking to supplement their lifestyle at a nationally recognized theater known for accessibility, education, community investment, and new works.
The front of house staff is responsible for the total audience experience when they come to see a performance at People’s Light, from the moment the patron walks through the door to the moment they walk out. This position is the face of People’s Light and will embody the values and mission that the organization presents. The Front of House Representative will adhere to all People’s Light policies and standards in all situations, relying on best judgement and training in time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent customer service throughout interactions with patrons
- Stuffing and handing out programs
- Taking tickets at the door
- Guiding patrons to their seats
- Selling merchandise and concessions before the performance and at intermission
- Cleaning the theater and lobby area after performances.
- Abiding by Food Safety Guidelines & Regulations
- Creating a welcoming and accessible theatre environment
- Attending to patron needs and requests as they come
- Attending and completing trainings, as necessary
- Perform various tasks designated by the Patron Experience Management Team
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for working with a diverse public
- Comfort handling a high volume of face to face interaction
- At ease with monetary sales/transactions
- Previous customer service, retail, or performing arts experience is a plus
- Spanish-speaking a plus
This job requires night and weekend availability. Candidates must have reliable transportation to and from the theatre.
Please use the form below to submit your application. We request a cover letter, resume, and references. If you have any questions, reach out to Camille O’Connor, Front of House Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls and in-person are welcome.
People’s Light is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.