Contact Person: Stephanie Lavorgna
Job Department: Patron Experience
Job Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time
The Box Office at People’s Light is seeking an enthusiastic part-time Box Office Representative to round out our staff prior to our busy renewal season. Hours are highly flexible including nights and weekends. Training is paid. This is a perfect position for someone with an arts passion looking to supplement their lifestyle at a nationally recognized theater known for accessibility, education, community investment, and new works.
The Box Office Representative is responsible for completing all patron interactions with enthusiasm, expertise, and efficiency. This position is the face of People’s Light and will embody the values and mission that the organization presents. The Box Office Representative will adhere to all People’s Light policies and standards in all situations, relying on best judgement and training in time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent customer service via phone, email, and in-person
- Ticket sales and exchanges, dinner reservations
- Entering orders and subscriptions into ticketing database
- Resolution of ticketing inquiries and patron concerns, and maintaining patron accounts
- Printing and distributing tickets for performances
- Responding to and processing donation requests
- Recording tickets entered the house
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail, and receive deliveries
- Maintaining office supplies
- Attending and completing trainings, as necessary
- Perform various tasks designated by the Patron Experience Management Team
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for working with a diverse public
- Comfort handling a high volume of telephone calls and in-person customer interaction
- Computer familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Previous customer service or performing arts experience is a plus
- Software skills with Tessitura or other customer database a plus
- Spanish-speaking a plus
This job requires night and weekend availability. Candidates must have reliable transportation to and from the theatre.
Please use the form below to submit your application. We request a cover letter, resume, and references. If you have any questions, reach out to Stephanie Lavorgna, Box Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls and in-person are welcome.
People’s Light is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.