Contact Person: Eve Trojanov
Job Department: Patron Services
Job Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time
The Box office Representative is responsible for completing all patron interactions with enthusiasm, expertise, and efficiency. The Box Office Representative is the face of People’s Light and will embody the values and mission that the organization presents. The Box Office Representative will adhere to all People’s Light policies and standards in all situations, relying on best judgement and training in time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent customer service via phone, email, and in-person
- Ticket sales and exchanges, dinner reservations
- Entering orders and subscriptions into ticketing database
- Resolution of ticketing inquiries and patron concerns, and maintaining patron accounts
- Printing and distributing tickets for performances
- Responding to and processing donation requests
- Recording tickets entered the house
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail, and receive deliveries
- Maintaining office supplies
- Attending and completing trainings, as necessary
- Perform various tasks designated by the Patron Services Management Team
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for working with a diverse public
- Comfort handling a high volume of telephone calls
- Comfort with efficient in-person customer interaction
- Computer skills using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Internet familiarity
- Previous Customer Service, or performing arts experience is a plus
- Software skills with Tessitura or other customer database a plus
This job requires night and weekend availability. Candidates must have reliable transportation to and from the theatre.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Eve Trojanov, Box Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
People’s Light is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.