Contact Person: Rosemary Devine
Department: Marketing & Communications
Part time: 20 hours/week; hourly rate; flexible hours
Start Date: 9/2/2019 or earlier
Work with a creative team of arts marketers! The Marketing Apprentice reports to the Marketing Manager and works closely with the full People’s Light marketing team, assisting with content creation, social media, marketing strategy, research, analytics, and general support of the theatre’s subscription and single ticket campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in digital or arts marketing, non-profit arts management, communications, and/or graphic design, and a sense of humor! This position requires excellent writing, proofreading, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to jump in and tackle a variety of projects in a fast-paced, independent, and creative environment. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred. Photography/Video experience a plus.
• Develop social media content; manage two Instagram accounts
• Help with cross-departmental projects
• Prepare materials for press, cast members, and audiences
• Distribute theatre’s promotional postcards, brochures, and other miscellaneous mailing needs
• Manage relationship with Community Partners, i.e. find cross-promotional opportunities, hang posters and distribute flyers at local businesses
• Maintain marketing materials and displays in theatre lobby
• Organize department archives
• Promote plays and events online via social media and other online platforms
• Provide support at marketing promo events
• Attend marketing meetings and participate in brainstorming
• Assist with design of marketing collateral
• Miscellaneous administrative support
Please send resume and cover letter to Director of Marketing & Communications Rosemary Devine at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
People’s Light is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.