PREFERRED START DATE:
20 hours per week
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Occupancy Staff is responsible for taking care of a building’s general cleanliness to provide tidy and sanitary amenities to guests and staff. Their duties include cleaning floors, restrooms, kitchen, hallways, and surfaces throughout our buildings, restocking supplies and taking out trash and recycling.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position that will not typically exceed 20 hours per week and requires some communication and flexibility on nights and weekends Compensation is $12/hour plus complementary tickets to events and plays.
- Provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests and staff
- Provide basic housekeeping duties including cleaning our public spaces, restocking toilet supplies, vacuuming, and trash services
- Report any maintenance issues while rendering service
- Work well with a team
- Clean, disinfect and store all equipment at the end of the shift
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- A self-starter able to work independently, proactively, and with a positive attitude
- At least one year of experience with corporate housekeeping
- Excellent working knowledge of cleaning appliances and their operations and proper use of cleaning agents
- Attention to detail
- Provide excellent, earnest hospitality. This is a critical part of the organizational culture
- Reliable transportation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to move equipment weighing up to 25lbs is required.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
HOW TO APPLY
Using the link above, please provide your resume, a statement about what draws your interest to this position, and two preferred references along with their contact information (please note that People’s Light staff may contact references prior to first interviews).