Department: The Farmhouse & Bistro
Contact: Richard Portney
Responsible for the physical set up, cleanliness and maintenance of all banquet equipment, function rooms, Bistro, building and outside areas while maintaining the service standards set forth by the management team.
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work required.
- Set up all rooms to the specifications of the floor plans in a safe and efficient manner. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting tables, chairs, podiums, AV equipment etc.
- Break down all rooms when events have concluded and store equipment properly.
- Maintained cleanliness of equipment, storage and rooms.
- Report all maintenance issues to Manager, immediately
- Report all safety and security issues to Manager, immediately
- Completes any and all other tasks as assigned by the Manager
- The employee in this position must possess the knowledge and skills to demonstrate the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- The employee in this position should be dependable, trustworthy, able to work well in a team, and lift up to 40lbs.
- This position requires the employee to communicate with co-workers to ensure that job responsibilities are performed in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Hotel or Country Club experience preferred
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, stand and push, pull and lift items
- Must be high energy, guest service oriented and able to ensure our guests are handled with the utmost courtesy and professionalism
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with guests and co-workers
- Flexible Schedule
Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Compensation is commensurate with experience plus benefits. The House Steward salary will be competitive with other companies of comparable stature and size. Full Time benefits will include the following:
- Medical/dental/life/disability insurance plans (largely employer funded);
- Defined Contribution Plan through TIAA-CREF
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Richard Portney at firstname.lastname@example.org
People’s Light is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. Applicants from underrepresented populations are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The Farmhouse at People's Light maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.