Opening: General Management Internship
Contact Person: Erin Sheffield
Job Type : Internship
Job Department : Administration
People’s Light, a LORT D theater located outside of Philadelphia, is seeking applicants who are interested in a General Management Internship beginning August, 2018. Now in its 43rd season, People’s Light is a nationally recognized civic and cultural center with an award-winning theatre company at its core. Located in Chester County, PA, People’s Light is one of the largest and most successful arts organizations in its region.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking for a career in theatre. The General Management Intern reports to the General Manager. They assist with company management, casting submissions, contract administration, union correspondence, and provide organizational support. This position offers the opportunity to observe and participate in all aspects of management and administration of People’s Light.
- Provide the highest level of hospitality to our guest artists and staff
- Represent People’s Light within the industry, to the public and to guest artists
- Assist with transportation and shipping for guest artists
- Serve as the on-call contact for guest artists
- Assist with arrangements for company functions including first rehearsals, opening night receptions, staff lunches, and occasional celebrations
- Schedule and moderate auditions on show by show basis
- Maintain casting files
- Assist with set up and materials for Board meetings
- Assist General Manager and Artistic Director in various day-to-day tasks
Each individual brings a different mix of educational and personal experience. We envision top candidates will possess many, but not all, of the qualifications below.
- A self-starter able to work independently, proactively, and with a positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent skills in hospitality. This is a critical part of the organizational culture
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and commitment to artist service
- Interest in a career in a professional theatre management
- Experience in company management or as a Stage Manager
- Project management; able to prioritize the needs of multiple, simultaneous projects; meet deadlines
- Able to synthesize and communicate information clearly and in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Able to climb stairs and lift 40lbs
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
This internship is a fulltime, full season commitment from August to June with a weekly stipend of $200. Shared, on-campus housing is available. Hours and duties will vary throughout the season and there may be the opportunity to pick up additional work in with front of house or our event venue, The Farmhouse.
Applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and three references electronically with the subject line General Management Intern to email@example.com
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of Chester County and our surrounding community. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, or veteran status.