Contact Person: Leigh Jackson
Job Department: Patron Services
Job Status: Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Patron Services, the Front of House Manager will extend a wide welcome to patrons and guests at People’s Light. Quick on their feet, calm under pressure, flexible, and a team player, they will schedule and train staff, coordinate volunteers, manage and inventory goods and concessions, maintain cleanliness of patron areas, monitor budgets.
- Serve as Front of House Manager during scheduled performance times (at least 50% in one of the theatres)
- Schedule and train House Management Staff
- Coordinate and schedule a Volunteer Guild
- Purchase, inventory, stock merchandise and concessions
- Manage finances and reports for all lobby sales and concessions
- Process payroll timesheets for staff
- Maintain team CPR, First Aid, ServSafe certifications
- Serve as the coordinator for Accessibility offerings (Open Caption, Audio Description, Relaxed Performances)
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Patron Services.
Skills and Knowledge
- Well organized, dynamic person
- Able to provide exceptional customer service; a desire to go above and beyond to ensure a delightful patron experience
- Interested and knowledgeable of each production in the season
- Experience with Microsoft office software. Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- Attention to detail, the ability to exercise discretion and strong organization skills are essential
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping, and light lifting (at least 30 pounds) is needed
The Front of House salary will be competitive with other companies of comparable stature and size. Benefits will include the following:
- Medical/dental/life insurance plans (largely employer funded)
- Defined Contribution Plan through TIAA-CREF
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Leigh Jackson, Director of Patron Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
People’s Light is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.