Contact Person/Immediate Supervisor:
Richard Portney, Director of Farmhouse Operations
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Restaurant Manager position at the Farmhouse Bistro is a wide-ranging position that encompasses the overseeing of day-to-day restaurant as well as event operations. This person has the ability to complete all Front of House (FOH) tasks in the facility, organize and locate all FOH inventory, as well as manage a staff of 8-12.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take and organize reservations through the Open Table system.
- Manage phone communications; take reservations, answer questions and return voicemails.
- Build menus, adjust hours, manage orders etc. through the Toast POS system.
- Open, close, and balance the cash drawer.
- Schedule staff for restaurant operations, ensure staff accountability and keep staffing levels consistent with the level of business.
- Oversee the training and onboarding process of new staff as well as the continued training and growth of current staff.
- Resolve any customer concerns, issues, or complaints in a timely, professional, and gracious manner.
- During shifts; wait tables, make drinks, clear and set up tables, and complete any task required to keep the restaurant running smoothly, as well as oversee that these tasks are completed by the rest of the staff.
- Ensure communication between the BOH and FOH during service to ensure all specials, menu changes etc. are communicated.
- Ensure staff understands and completes all side work needed during slow hours.
- Complete inventory every month and identify what needs to be ordered throughout the month so inventory stays at a serviceable level.
- Communicate directly with the facility director regarding what is popular, service standards that are working, things that could be improved, and any ideas that may increase business and grow the restaurants customer base.
- The ability to lift 20-30 pounds and work on your feet for hours during shifts.
- Have knowledge of BEO’s and understand the timing and flow of service throughout an event.
- Oversee staff through the duration of the event, including set-up, cocktail hour, dinner service, closing and clean-up.Communicate between the FOH and kitchen to ensure timing is correct and any adjustments can be made during the event.
- Arrange staffing for events, as well as oversee the training and onboarding of new staff and continued training and growth of current staff.
- Able to bartend, serve, restock etc. during events.
- Ensure any customer questions are answered and any reasonable requests can be completed, or problems resolved to ensure a successful event.
- Know the rules of the establishment, properly spot and correctly deal with VIPs, and ensure the safety of all guests and staff during events.
- Know the flow of a wide variety of events, including weddings, memorial services, corporate events, baby/bridal showers, birthday parties, etc.
- Able to lift 20-30 pounds and work on your feet for hours during shifts.
- Communicative, adaptable, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to lead a staff in a helpful manner
- Experience managing restaurants or event spaces
- Excellent skills in hospitality and customer relations
- Passion for great service and teamwork
- A self-starter able to work independently, proactively, and with a positive attitude
- A commitment to Equity and Inclusion
COMPENSATION & APPLICATION INFO
Hourly rate of $18/hour. Expected work hours are 29 per week. To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to Richard Portney at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Farmhouse website: http://farmhousepeopleslight.com
People’s Light, one of the largest professional theatres in Pennsylvania, forges cultural and civic connections throughout our rapidly growing region. In the heart of Chester County, People’s Light is at a unique crossroads of rural, urban, and suburban populations. Throughout the year-round season, People’s Light produces contemporary plays, classics, new forms of music theatre, and original work. Beyond the stage, we host a wide array of cultural experiences and education programs that inspire meaningful engagement with, and sustained investment in and from, surrounding communities.
The seven-acre campus at People’s Light features a restored, 18th-century farmhouse, two black box performance spaces, scenic shops, classrooms, rehearsal space, picnic areas, and administrative offices. People’s Light also serves as a local polling place. The farmhouse is home to the for-profit business: a premier event venue, The Farmhouse at People’s Light, and an on-site restaurant. 82,000 people visit the campus each year. Nowhere else in the region can patrons see exceptional theatre, attend a town-hall discussion, have dinner with friends, take a class, celebrate a wedding, and cast a vote, all in one place.