CONTACT PERSON/IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR
Erin Sheffield, General Manager
email@example.com or 610.647.1900 x121
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Company Manager plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the theater. This position is full-time and requires some communication and flexibility on nights and weekends. The Company Manager serves as liaison between the Theatre and guest artists, as well as the entire People's Light staff and company. They assure the best in hospitality for guests and staff. The Company Manager reports to the General Manager and assists as needed with casting and contracts. The ideal candidate will be ready to jump in and tackle a variety of projects in a fast-paced and creative environment. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that will not exceed 40 hours per week. Compensation is $30,000/yr plus full health benefits and paid time off. After one year in the position, People’s Light will begin contributions into our employee pension plan.
- Provide the highest level of hospitality to our guest artists and staff
- Represent People’s Light within the industry, to the public and to guest artists
- Arrange transportation and shipping for guest artists
- Coordinate artist housing, occupancy, and maintenance with agents and artists
- Assist with arrangements for company functions including first rehearsals, opening night receptions, staff lunches, and occasional celebrations
- Maintain casting files and coordinate and facilitate auditions
- Assist General Manager in various day-to-day tasks
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- A self-starter able to work independently, proactively, and with a positive attitude
- Passion for live theatre and for working with artists
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prioritize the needs of multiple, simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across the organization
- Provide excellent, earnest hospitality. This is a critical part of the organizational culture
- A commitment to artist service, connection, and relationships
- Professional theatre experience
- Experience in and knowledge of LORT theatres and Equity rules, with considerable preference given to prior experience as Company Manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
HOW TO APPLY
Using the link above, please provide your resume, a statement about why you are interested in this position, and two preferred references along with their contact information (please note that People’s Light staff may contact references prior to first interviews). Applications must be received by July 23, 2021.